Financial Officer (Serbia and North Macedonia): internal and external job competition
GDPR Compliance - As part of any recruitment process, REDI NGO collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The organisation is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. Data we collect: your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number; details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history. Your data will be deleted after six months.
Roma Entrepreneurship Development Initiative (REDI) is looking to hire a dedicated Financial Officer in the frame of the project “ADVANCING ROMA ENTREPRENEURS IN THE WESTERN BALKANS” that is implemented starting with the 6th of July 2021 for a period of three years (2021-2024) in Serbia and North Macedonia, with the financial support of Directorate-General Neighborhood and Enlargement Negotiations (DG NEAR) of the European Commission, the European Union.
Who we are
REDI is a regional non-governmental organization covering Eastern Europe and Balkans, currently operating in Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia and North Macedonia.
The Roma Entrepreneurship Development Initiative (REDI) supports Roma entrepreneurs in developing their businesses and accessing affordable financing from microcredit institutions and banks. REDI’s mission is to sustain and create +20,000 jobs in the Roma communities by 2023 by enabling existing entrepreneurs to receive funding and business development services so that they can accelerate their business growth and provide jobs in the Roma communities.
The Finance Officer will be responsible for financial and administrative support, timely and compliant project delivery to ensure effective management of all activities within the project.
To succeed as a Finance Officer, you should be able to think analytically, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Experience in the financial sector or equivalent experience in a similar role is strongly desired.
Overall supervision of project activities.
- Manage the project budget to ensure that funds are used according to contracts and propose corrective actions if needed;
- Ensuring complete financial documentation and compliance;
- Records and manages expenditures within budget items;
- Ensure the timely execution and control of monthly/yearly accountancy closure, financial reports, audits, and all service contracts for the project site;
- Prepare tender procedures, evaluation, and procurement plan;
- Oversing payments for all suppliers and personnel within the project;
- Collecting supporting documents for expenditures in Serbia and North Macedonia;
- Prepare Financial Reports, develop templates and online systems for project finance tracking.
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ relevant experience in a finance roll
- Experience with European Financed Projects
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Management, or related field.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with a focus on Excel.
- Proficiency in Macedonian/Serbian and English languages. Knowledge of other languages is an advantage.