Regional officer for Roma Business Clubs and Entrepreneurship Networks in North Macedonia: internal and external job competition
GDPR Compliance - As part of any recruitment process, REDI NGO collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The organisation is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. Data we collect: your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number; details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history. Your data will be deleted after six months.
Roma Entrepreneurship Development Initiative (REDI) is looking to hire a dedicated Regional officer for Roma Business Clubs and Entrepreneurship Networks in the frame of the project “ADVANCING ROMA ENTREPRENEURS IN THE WESTERN BALKANS” that is implemented starting with the 6th of July 2021 for a period of three years (2021-2024) in North Macedonia, with the financial support of Directorate-General Neighborhood and Enlargement Negotiations (DG NEAR) of the European Commission, the European Union.
Who we are
REDI is a regional non-governmental organization covering Eastern Europe and Balkans, currently operating in Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, and North Macedonia.
The Roma Entrepreneurship Development Initiative (REDI) supports Roma entrepreneurs in developing their businesses and accessing affordable financing from microcredit institutions and banks. REDI’s mission is to sustain and create +20,000 jobs in the Roma communities by 2023 by enabling existing entrepreneurs to receive funding and business development services so that they can accelerate their business growth and provide jobs in the Roma communities.
- Responsible for establishing, planning, and managing the network of Roma Business Clubs in North Macedonia.
- Daily communication with the members of the Roma Business Clubs and support their requests.
- Coordination of the activities in cooperation with the other staff involved in the project.
- Assist the project manager in the coordination process with the TA service providers and in any other project-related tasks and duties.
- Responsible for receiving phone calls related to the program, managing calendars, travel booking, and organizing meetings.
- Manage and responsible for the program e-mails aiming at specific tasks such as communications with stakeholders, service providers/tenderers.
- Assist the Project Manager in organizing and/or typing correspondences or other documents and reports.
- Responsible to follow up and monitor the progress of the Roma Business Clubs in North Macedonia
- Organize events and training with the business club members
- Review, follow-up and plan funding opportunities.
- Completed higher education.
- Experience in working with the Roma community
- Strong desire and readiness to work on the field
- Knowledge and understanding of the local context of the Roma community in their locations
- Sense of collective interest of the Roma community and motivation for positive change
- Recognizable in the Roma community
- A person of trust and integrity
- Proficiency in Macedonian language. Knowledge of English and Romani language will be an advantage.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office with a focus on Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Living in North Macedonia